Chasing California Juniper (Dedicated to Mr. Harry Hirao).

Being invited to go on a California Juniper collecting trip with the legendary Harry Hirao is a once in a lifetime adventure.

The morning started for me at 2 a.m. when I backed my truck out of my dark driveway in Fresno and headed south toward Bakersfield over a 130 miles distant.

I was supposed to meet Harry and the other collectors at 6 a.m. at the Denny's in Mojave, and I certainly did not want to be late.

I reached Bakersfield a couple of hours later and turned my truck onto Highway 58 and headed east toward the mountains. Although it was still pitch black outside, I could sense the Tehachapi mountains growing  nearer as the road began a gradual incline.

A half hour later I began in earnest the steep, twisting climb into the mountains. I took a quick look over my shoulder one last time at the twinkling lights of Bakersfield far below in the distance, and I smiled, wondering if I would be lucky in my search for just the right juniper.

harry hirao

DSCF0221

DSCF0223

DSCF0242

DSCF0225

DSCF0227

DSCF0218

DSCF0219

DSCF0228

DSCF0604

DSCF0606

DSCF0230

DSCF0231

DSCF0210

DSCF0237

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:

Other Similar Posts That Could Interest You By Fausto Baccino

Do you ever wonder what happens when your readers reach the end of your posts? What do they click on? Where do they go next? What if you’ve piqued a reader’s interest and left them wanting more, but don’t give them the option to do so? Now, we’ll search your site for similar posts you’ve written and display a “Related” section at the end of every post, like this:
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 commenti :

Post a Comment